Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation. For more information click here.
What We’re Doing at Stonewood Center
- We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
- The center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
- Stonewood Center eliminated its use of bottled water and uses filtered water instead. Stonewood Center branded water bottles were distributed to all employees, including housekeeping and maintenance staff.
- Our Landscaping team closely monitors the sprinkler and irrigation system and keeps its use to just small amount of time daily to help conserve water.
- Waste from Stonewood Center is collected by our provider, taken to a site where the recyclables are sorted out and only the “true waste” is discarded.